Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness


This week at Bible Club the 5th graders had the opportunity to shop in the GFG store. The store is filled with many fun and interesting new things and the students look forward shopping in the store, and wish they could do this every week. While walking around the store with the 5th graders I noticed that they were not only picking things out for themselves but for others also. I stopped by Quincy who was at the jewelry, lotion, body spray, etc.. part of the store and asked what he was doing, he picked up a gold bracelet and said “I am picking out a late mothers day gift for my mom”, he later decided to go with the body spray instead of the bracelet. Later on I caught sight of ATia at the same spot and asked her what she was doing and she said that she wanted to pick out a bracelet for her mother whose birthday was in a few days. I asked what colors her mother liked and after she told me we found a beautiful necklace which she purchased with her GFG bucks! I have found that shopping at the GFG store gives the children the opportunity to show love to others through gifts. --Evian Schindler, Communications Coordinator

No comments: